The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

To the person wanting to know when’s the best time to buy an airline ticket:

The Travel Professor feels that we all have a price range that we would be willing to pay for the ticket. For example I believe that a ticket from Columbus OH to Los Angeles CA should be somewhere in the $250.00-$300.00 range. If I wanting to travel out west then when the prices falls into this range I'll buy the ticket. So when the air fare fits into your price range I suggest that you make a reservation and purchase the ticket.

To help me track and shop for airline price changes I use the “fare watcher” function on Travelocity.com. This feature allows me to track prices for up to 5 cities and receive email notifications when the prices fall into my pricing range.