The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My last posts have been directed towards the landscapes that we find out here in the great American Southwestern Arizonian desert.

Yes it is spectacular in the grand scale but we can still bring some of the desert back home with us. That’s where the cactus and succulent garden shops come into play. These retailers offer a broad range of desert plants that we can take home to our own unique desert environment.
My problem is that these “tend to forget & water” species require a little bit more care. Yes I’ve killed cacti or two but I’ve not quiet trying to have an in door “desert garden”.

There are a multitude of local “desert plant “dry houses” but here’s a link to greater Tucson area cacti & succulent shopping suggestions: Cacti & plants in Tucson.


I’ve just covered the flora& fauna of this region. I can go on & on but that’s later.