The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

PhD in Vegasology

My friends and colleagues constantly chide me about not “blowing my own horn” so forgive me for this shameless self promotion.

I was recently awarded a PhD in Vegasology. The degree is conferred by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Bureau after a student has completed an extensive curriculum and in depth field study.

The course of study included the history, heritage, culture and attractions of Las Vegas along with detailed examination of the local lodging, gaming, entertainment and dining options that Valley has to offer. The final component was an in depth on location personal inspection tour of Las Vegas and surrounding area properties and facilities.

Lifelong learning is important in any industry and the travel business offers a broad range of training and certifications.

Over the years I have been able to complete numerous destination and travel product specialization programs and earn many certifications. These programs provide in depth knowledge and insights about places and products. & I will gladly share some of this with you the traveling public.

For more information on travel to Las Vegas contact Dr. Las Vegas @ 740.533.4559 or call@ohio.edu.