The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Discount carrier Skybus grounds itself.

Another low cost carrier-Skybus-bites the dust & shuts down operations. Their CEO filed his terminal flight plan last week then exited the airline and the rest is history.

His exit was explained as his wanting to getting involved into the book writing circuit. Hopefully in his new book he’ll talk about how he got investors involved in his company, managed to pay himself mega bucks upfront with their funds then how he hit the runway running before the dust settles!

If I go into business myself I’ll apply that same cardinal rule-pay myself first then let the little people sort out the mess that my lack of management style left them!