The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Skybus Airlines bankruptcy

I am (or was) a ticket holder on the now defunct Skybus Airlines and have already notified my credit card company & requested a refund.

This is the 1st time that I’ve been a ticket holder on a carrier moving into bankruptcy status so I’ll keep you all posted.

As a past seller of airline tickets most if not all of my customers were re-accommodated on other airlines but in this situation I’m not sure that Skybus has reciprocal agreements with the other airlines. Only time & the courts will sort this one out.