The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Computer woes

I hit the road laptop in tow with good intentions of chronicling my journey. My hotels offered wireless service so my plan was to stay linked. The signal strength was strong but my computer running on a non Apple based operating system could not configure the system to access the wireless network.

I clicked here and unchecked boxes there and ran the troubleshooting functions but to no avail. I just couldn’t get on-line and the hotels did not have a business center or public computer so I was off-line & without a plan B.

Monday means a trip to my tech guy to try and unravel the mysteries of wireless operations.