The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Early Americana in PA, MD, NJ & DE

I’m off researching historic destinations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware & New Jersey.

Day one was a full day in Gettysburg & I’ve kept you posted on some of the attractions located in this great place.

After this full day of touring here I have about a 120 mile drive over to my base of operations The Sleep Inn located right off of I-95 in Newark Delaware.

The plan is to do some hub and spoke touring out of here. Philadelphia is about an hour and fifteen minute drive north of here. Trenton NJ and plenty of colonial history is just across the river from Philly. Another 30-45 minute drive from Old Town Philadelphia is Valley Forge PA.

About a half hour north of the hotel is Brandywine PA another Revolutionary War battle sight. Driving south for an hour puts me in Baltimore, another city packed with history, arts, culture and more.

There’s plenty of early Americana to explore in these Mid-Atlantic States so I’ll detail my travel & research for you as they unfold.