The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Hotel searches

Earlier today I mentioned that I was heading to the Greater Cincinnati region for a Sandals Resorts seminar. The workshop hotel was offering a reduced conference rate of $129.00 per night but my professional development budget is limited so it’s time for plan B.

Plan B was to do a quick search that provided alternate lodging options within a specified distance. I secured a hotel within ½ miles of my morning meeting location at a fraction of the cost.

I gave up the comfort beds, restaurant, cocktail lounge and other amenities but scored a $39.99 a night rate. And they have ESPN on cable in the room so I can watch the Browns & the NFL football Giants tonight. Plus I've got a microwave for the popcorn!

Coaching point: Be flexible! There are multiple options.

Happy travels!