The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cleveland Home and Garden show

The other one sure sign that spring is drawing near is when home, flower and garden shows starting be announced. Sorry gang boating, RV, hunting & fishing shows just don’t do it for me. I’d rather invest my time strolling through display gardens browsing the vendors ware perhaps some new supplies or trinkets. Another favorite is sitting in on classes offered by horticulture experts with the hope of improving my own garden.

Show season is generally March, April & May but a friend recently informed me that the Cleveland Home and Garden show Northeastern Ohio’s original and longest running show will mark its 67th year of providing springtime inspirations to homeowners with a 10-day January engagement in a new suburban venue as it will debut at the Great Lakes Expo Center in Euclid, Ohio, January 22-31, 2010.

What really captured my attention was this year’s theme of Wonderful Germany. I’m being told that guests can celebrate the wonderful Germany heritage in the Oktoberfest Dining Hall. This is described as festive gathering place that will capture the culture and traditions of Northeast Ohio’s influential German-American population. I’m told that I’ll be served up a daily smorgasbord of authentic German cuisine so that I will take away the unforgettable “taste” of Germany.

Having been to the real deal in Munich and with plenty of firsthand experience with bratwurst, kraut and bier I’m looking forward to this opportunity.


I'll report my finding and discoveries next week.