The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Foreign travel

Every time I travel aboard I'm reminded of this quote from American writer and humorist Dave Barry.

“Americans who travel abroad for the first time are often shocked to discover that, despite all the progress that has been made in the last 30 years, many foreign people still speak in foreign languages”


Here we are in Rome or Paris food capitols of the world and I see my group travelers flocking to McDonald's or Pizza Hut on the 1st day.

Why travel if you're not going to try something new?

Have a great weekend! I'm hitting the road and may be unplugged for a few days. But trust me I'll being doing some travel related research.