The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spring baseball & home, flower & garden shows

To me one of the sure signs that spring is drawing near when the hype for major league baseball’s spring training starts ratcheting up. News that the Cincinnati Reds Winter Press Caravan was arriving at the Huntington, WV Mall on Thursday Jan 28th at 5:30 gets me thinking that were on the downside of winter’s slope.

The other one sure sign that spring is drawing near is when home, flower and garden shows starting be announced. Sorry gang boating, RV, hunting & fishing shows just don’t do it for me. I’d rather invest my time strolling through display gardens browsing the vendors ware perhaps some new supplies or trinkets. Another favorite is sitting in on classes offered by horticulture experts with the hope of improving my own garden.


Check back & I'll share some updates on the upcoming spring home, flower & garden shows.