The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Taxed to death in AZ

I did plenty of pre departure research on my latest Arizona trip. I evened checked out the price of gas which was running between $2.85 -2.95 a gallon. So when the rental car agent offered me a prepaid option of $2.75 a gallon I jumped on it.

What I hadn’t planned on was all the taxes and fees that were added on to the gas fee. A full tank of 14 gallons cost @ $35.90 yet it ended up costing $47.29. With the taxes & fees added on I ended up paying $3.56 a gallon. Next time I’m passing on the gas option and wi
ll fill it up locally.


Got travel questions email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.