The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Location, location, pretty pricey location

I was having a chat at a recent technology conference with some colleagues and the subject of hotel rates came up. Everyone complained about their room prices while I opted to remain silent. Finally someone inquired “Steve where are you staying at?” Smiling I said: “Down in German Village. For what you guys are paying for one night pretty much covers my bill for the entire stay. Plus my hotel is next door to one of my favorite restaurants!”

I added that I know how to play the game. Judging by the puzzled looks they’re trying to figure out what game I’m referring to!

Are you too?

Happy travels!